[drats_users] email gateway setup

Dan Smith
Sat Jan 17 10:24:10 PST 2009

> Fine business OM, I confirm all is ok now.

Cool!

> Last question: is it a feature to auto send forms to station is it call match
> with email address?

If the callsign has "incoming" permission in the email access tab and
the email recipient replied to a mail, then D-RATS should be able to
attempt to auto-send the form when it arrives.

An RFC-822 email address looks like this:

  "First Last" <foo at bar.com>

The portion in the quotes being the display name, and the portion in the
angle brackets being the email address.  D-RATS sends emails out like this:

  "KK7DS" <foo at bar.com>

Where "KK7DS" is the station that initiated the form.  So that if
someone does a reply, the "to" address of the reply should be exactly
the above.  D-RATS extracts the quoted portion and if it matches an
incoming email rule, will auto-send the form to the station in the quotes.

Some mailers may mangle the email address in some way that makes D-RATS
unable to determine where it should go.  If you find that certain people
running a certain mail program are unable to reply to mails, but others
are, let me know and I'll try to figure out what the problem is.