[drats_users] GPS antenna for Drats

Michael D Crowe
Thu Jan 15 14:34:10 PST 2009

Thanks for all who replied

 For the full story.

  I ordered a Garmin GPS 18 USB and received it today and it would not work.
Looking further the GPS 18 USB only has a Garmin output and not the NMEA
output. The other GPS 18s had both the Garmin and the NMEA output. I did a
search for a Garmin to NMEA converter and found a program from Franson
called GpsGate. It does several things. One is converting Garmin to NMEA and
two making the output available on several com ports. It came with a 14 day
free trial. I downloaded it. It works and I am happy.

73
Mike Crowe
AJ4GU