[drats_users] 2.10

Dave Cooley
Mon Jan 12 09:57:32 PST 2009

I will have to test some more. I don't know where the cuttoff is as it is an
intermitent trouble and will take quite a while to find. Why wouldn't you
see an entry in the debug log? I see nothing.

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:52 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] 2.10

> It seems to fall asleep and won't wake up. After sitting idle for a
> while I tried to send a char message and it wouldn't key the
> transmitter. Tried several times and nothing. No entries at all in the
> Debug Log. Reveerted to 2.9 production relaease and it seesm to be
> working fine. (with the same config settings)

Well, I haven't changed anything that I can think of that would affect that.
Can you try moving forward to 9b1, 9b2, 9b3, etc until you find a clear case
of an issue?

I've been doing a fair bit of testing with 10b1 last night and this morning
in preparation for a local training session and I haven't seen any issues.

If you're using a 2820, be sure to power-cycle the radio any time you can't
get it to key the radio.  A restart of D-RATS at the same time would
probably be a good idea as well to clear out any flow control state.  My
2820 is very finicky and needs to be restarted every once in a while, but
none of my other radios do.