[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.10

Dan Smith
Sun Feb 15 18:22:29 PST 2009

Hi all,

As promised, I just posted the final version of 0.2.10 with the
following changes:

 * Add path-tracking to forms
 * Add explicit toggle for enablin email gateway
 * Add automatic file transfer resume capability
 * Add toggles to disable all remote file and form actions
 * Add a per-form private flag to prevent it from being fetched by
   remote stations
 * Add stop/restart functions to file transfer sessions
 * Change "Edit" to "Open in form manager
 * Change "Callsigns" tab to "Stations"
 * Make "From" field non-editable on forms
 * Make session manager constantly increment the session number to avoid
   stale connection collisions
 * Make failed transfers go into "stopped" state for easy resume
 * Update URL in about box for new www.d-rats.com website
 * Updated Italian translation
 * Fix bug that prevents files < 1K from being advertised via RPC
 * Fix bug that prevents certain Unicode characters from being
   transmitted in chat traffic
 * Fix bug in RSS QST that requires an id property in the feed
 * Fix reset/forget actions in stations tab
 * Fix transfer time updating on forms
 * Fix callsign field in main settings to limit to 8 characters
 * Fix file/callsign prompting logic to make image and file transfers be
   the same sequence
 * Fix image browse starting directory
 * Fix bug that clobbered the output file on a failed transfer
 * Fix labels in main settings dialog to auto-scale for translated
   string lengths
 * Fix failure to internationalize "Enabled" labels in the main settings
   box
 * Fix transfer of large files (now support arbitrary file sizes)

Also, note that this is the first release with Intel and PPC MacOS X
packages.  I think we're closing in on the ability to generate packages
for Mac regularly, so hopefully this will be the start of a trend.

Also, as discussed on this list, I think it's reasonable to say that
0.2.10 is the end of the line, feature-wise, for the 0.2.x branch.  I
will start work on the 0.3.x branch soon.  Most (if not all) new
features will go there, and only bug fixes will go to 0.2.x until 0.3.x
is stable enough for regular use.