[drats_users] file transfer

IZ5FSA
Sun Feb 15 09:41:06 PST 2009

Dan Smith ha scritto:
>> D-RATS v0.2.10b6 (Copyright 2008 Dan Smith KK7DS)
>> My Call: IZ5FSA
>> 16:08:10: Trasferimento file avviato con IW5CWA (DRATS.pdf)
>> 20:19:53: Trasferimento of file DRATS.pdf completo (1806KB @ 122.57 B/s)
>
> Wow, unbelievable!  122 B/s is a little faster than the theoretical
> throughput of a 950 bps line, which means that the compression is not
> only hiding the overhead of the framing, but also the down time for the
> ACK/NAK.  That's very good!
>
> What were your transfer settings for this and what radios did you use?

Default file transfer settings. I haven't tried a less dimension of packet...
but it can help in bad conditions.

The transfer went between 2 IC-E2820 at lower power. Distance from me to IW5CWA
Mauro is about 7.1 mi M.

One thing: in the stations tab you always report distance in miles... take a
look, Dan.