[drats_users] file transfer

Dan Smith
Sun Feb 15 07:32:08 PST 2009

> D-RATS v0.2.10b6 (Copyright 2008 Dan Smith KK7DS)
> My Call: IZ5FSA
> 16:08:10: Trasferimento file avviato con IW5CWA (DRATS.pdf)
> 20:19:53: Trasferimento of file DRATS.pdf completo (1806KB @ 122.57 B/s)

Wow, unbelievable!  122 B/s is a little faster than the theoretical
throughput of a 950 bps line, which means that the compression is not
only hiding the overhead of the framing, but also the down time for the
ACK/NAK.  That's very good!

What were your transfer settings for this and what radios did you use?

> Is there an award for this record???

Well, if there was one, you would win it!  At the very least, you have
become the example by which I will measure all future questions when
someone asks how big of a file they can send! :)