[drats_users] D-RATS BBS feature develompent

Dan Smith
Fri Feb 13 17:17:09 PST 2009

> Other than it's starting to sound like WinLink for D-STAR...?  ;-)

Eek!

> It doesn't understand to unkey every three minutes, however... so it
> dies above a certain message size.  I doubt it would recover well on
> errors, other than it tries the entire transmission again, but it
> does work... it'd take them about 10 minutes to add a checkbox to
> handle D-STAR as a serial port in a "dumb" fashion, if they were
> interested.  I doubt they are.

D-RATS can provide a TCP forward across the radio using the normal
session management stuff.  This should allow you to configure WinLink
(and many other things) to use D-RATS as a link over a DV hop.  I've
mentioned it several times, but nobody seems to want to try it,
including myself :)