[drats_users] D-RATS BBS feature develompent

IZ5FSA
Fri Feb 13 15:13:58 PST 2009

Dan Smith ha scritto:
  > I would expect that from an ARES point of view (and my experience with
> it), that File transfers and Forms are the most important features,
> followed perhaps by the mapping stuff.  In our drills, we spend all of
> our time exchanging forms and files.  I reconcile the relatively low
> interest value above for these items by saying that they're mostly
> self-explanatory and thus should not receive only 20% of of the total
> effort in the UI redesign.  Do others agree?
Sure.

> My initial thought was to make the first (main) screen that comes up be
> something like a mail client.  Messages, folders, and files would be the
> prominent fixtures.  Via a menu option, you could open a chat window
> and/or the map/stations window.  Alternately (or as an option) we could
> have top-level tabs that encapsulate the major functions.  The nice
> thing about that is that I can easily make the tab color change when
> something needs to be addressed in a non-focused tab.
I think chat windows is the main contact to D-STAR DV digital frames, so I'm not
sure I like to start D-RATS with mail view. By the way, mail and transfers are
the most used features, so I agree with your ideas.

You can made the mail window (or tab) starting with a fixed board made of:
- personals
   - personal messages
     - sort and group capabilities on date or type or sender
   - ping requests
   - file transfers (send/receive)
   - images transfers (send/receive)
   - position requests
- bulletins
   - forms send to QST (why not?)
   - special forms (main settings changes to manage this flag)
- others (what else???)

Let's go towards 0.3!!!

;-)