[drats_users] Rig Control & D-RATS

Dave Cooley
Thu Feb 5 05:52:55 PST 2009

It's been pretty quite on this board lately and it seem like it was time to
trigger some though process.

Is there a way to use the RS-91/92 software and D-RATS simultaneously? This
seems to be a port issue with Winders as I have heard of some apps that
provide a workaround for gps usage.

Currently the 91/92 software seems to be the only rig control software for
DSTAR and it would be very handy to be able to integrate some of these
function into D-RATS .

(Dan you can get up off the floor now)

Having the ability to set up an AUTO QST (or an email broadcast from the
weather service etc) to different stations/zones would be a huge benefit
during emcomm operations.

For Example
1.Set up a channel (xxx) for callsign routing to a specific station or zone
    i.e. ur call = KK7DS or /KD7REX
2. In D-RATS set up the qst or email for a weather alert for that area.
Drats would have an additional field in the auto qst for "Channel number"
D-RATS would send the the command to the Radio that would change to channel
(xxx) and execute the Auto QST. When the send was complete the rig would
return to the original channel.  I suppose another way to accomplish same
would be to send the ur call of either KK7DS or /KD7REX to the radio (as
this is a function of the 91/92 software as well) and just use standard call
sign route.  Having the ability to do it this way might be cleaner and
simpler as the D-RATS field could be CQCQCQ for normal stuff (same zone) or
change to a specific callsign.

I guess it must be the cold weather...

73,

Dave Cooley