[drats_users] More feature requests please ....

Dan Smith
Wed Dec 23 07:48:43 PST 2009

> Can we have the ability to determine where the QST's go? In other words
> can we have a selection menu that'll allow me to decide if I want a QST
> to go to the reflector or via my radio or indeed any other port that I
> have enabled.
>
> It would seem right now that all the QST's are sent to wherever the text
> message box is going.

Yep, put a feature request in the tracker so I don't forget.

> Also, with the RSS feed can we have an "ignore" facility. Right now for
> example I'm sending QST's from the NWS to the Ratfector stating "There
> are no active watches, warnings or advisories" which is pretty much
> redundant. However in order that I catch an advisory when one pops up I
> need to have that QST enabled. Could we not have a box that will force
> the QST to ignore RSS feed if it contains a particular statement?

Hmm, okay.  File a request.

> Finally, can we make the [QST] tag say [QST-$SOURCE] where $SOURCE is
> the source of the QST. For example [QST-BBCNEWS] would tell folks that
> the news headline carried in this QST came from the BBC. $SOURCE would
> be a user definable field. If it's not populated it should force
> [QST-UNKNOWN].

If it's not too much of a nit, I'd prefer something like
"[QST][SOURCE]".  In fact, why not just allow a "prefix" string and let
people put whatever they want?  Then they could say something like "From
the KK7DS Newsroom:\n".  In any event, add a tracker please.