[drats_users] More feature requests please ....

Mark Phillips
Wed Dec 23 05:52:00 PST 2009

Hi Dan et al,

Can we have the ability to determine where the QST's go? In other words
can we have a selection menu that'll allow me to decide if I want a QST
to go to the reflector or via my radio or indeed any other port that I
have enabled.

It would seem right now that all the QST's are sent to wherever the text
message box is going.

Also, with the RSS feed can we have an "ignore" facility. Right now for
example I'm sending QST's from the NWS to the Ratfector stating "There
are no active watches, warnings or advisories" which is pretty much
redundant. However in order that I catch an advisory when one pops up I
need to have that QST enabled. Could we not have a box that will force
the QST to ignore RSS feed if it contains a particular statement?

Finally, can we make the [QST] tag say [QST-$SOURCE] where $SOURCE is
the source of the QST. For example [QST-BBCNEWS] would tell folks that
the news headline carried in this QST came from the BBC. $SOURCE would
be a user definable field. If it's not populated it should force
[QST-UNKNOWN].

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Mark
G7LTT/NI2O