[drats_users] D-RATS DV Dongle Testing w/DVTool 2.0beta 2

Debbie Fligor
Mon Aug 24 09:22:35 PDT 2009

On Aug 22, 2009, at 16:45, Dave Cooley wrote:

> I am pleased to report that the D-RATS Dv Dongle connection works! A
> couple of minor anomalies not withstanding, it connects and functions
> normally. Great Job.
>>
> I set my dongle to a local repeater and added the dongle path to my
> connections list. I went for a drive and transmitted GPS-A strings and
> Drats picked them up through the dongle (they show up in the DATA
> window
> of dvtool) and it placed them in the event log of DRATS.
>>
> I have sent brief chat messages and they seem to work as well.

There's no one else on our repeater right now, but mine appears to be
working fine as well (although I see the same transmit indicator
issue).  I'm going to switch over to listening on REF1c and watch the
locations come in now.

Thanks for all the hard work Dan and Robin!  You're just in time for
DCC. I recall talking with the two of you about this at last year's
DCC and it's awesome to see it working.

-----
-debbie
Debbie Fligor, n9dn