[drats_users] map all gps positions option

Dan Smith
Wed Aug 19 09:12:28 PDT 2009

> How about for the time being, I add a flag that lets you say "keep
> history" or some such.  This would stamp the time (or something) on
> incoming reports so that "KK7DS" would become "KK7DS.08190906".  When
> the next report from that station arrived, it would be similarly
> stamped, but since it's a different name at that point, the existing
> code would consider it different and not replace the old report.  This
> would then let you use the existing delete-a-point function to delete a
> received point in time.

I just thought of something else:

I could also continue to update the KK7DS point with the current
position, but then create a duplicate point of KK7DS.08190911 and put it
in a KK7DS group.  That would let you see the current position, as well
as where KK7DS has been.  You can toggle the KK7DS group on and off to
show or hide history for that station and delete the whole group to
erase all history.  I could also make the group not persist on restart
so that you don't end up with years and years of history for every
station...