[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b5

Dan Smith
Wed Apr 29 17:51:39 PDT 2009

> My thoughts would be that it is probably a bit redundant, if being
> used as a drop down callsign box, as you could probably add any
> additional callsign related function to the context menu in the
> Stations list.  This would then help clean up the Chat screen a
> little more.

The initial goal was to provide a way to send a chat message to a
specific user, but I'm not sure that's a very good way to do it.

> Have you thought about adding functions like "Send File to..." or
> "Send Message to..." in the Stations context menu?

Yeah, that might be a good way to be able to send a specific file
that's not already in your download directory to a specific user.  The
"Send message to" is a little harder, unless it just prompts you for a
type, gives you a blank message, and sends it right away.  That might
not be very intuitive.

If you can file a tracker item for "Send file to" I'll work that in
soon.  It should be pretty easy.

> I just had another look and it probably isn't necessary for the
> posit data to appear in the chat screen as when it is received
> (either as a beacon, or as a position request) it populates the data
> in the Map screen anyway (which is where it is more useful).

Yeah, and it does appear in the status bar of the window for a period
of time to let you know that you just got a new report.