[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b5

David Tilson
Wed Apr 29 15:20:39 PDT 2009

G'day Dan,

> Hehe, yeah.  That box doesn't do anything yet, and it's just
> populated with a could of callsigns to make it pop open.  I
> really need to figure out what I'm going to do that with or
> hide it for now.

My thoughts would be that it is probably a bit redundant, if being used
as a drop down callsign box, as you could probably add any additional
callsign related function to the context menu in the Stations list.
This would then help clean up the Chat screen a little more.

> I've moved to having all the position reports go into the event log
> because:
>
> 1. It seems cleaner
> 2. You can filter and search them easily
> 3. I'll have a context menu later that lets you right click to show on
>    the map, re-broadcast, etc

Have you thought about adding functions like "Send File to..." or "Send
Message to..." in the Stations context menu?

> If you think it's important, I can add an option to also show
> it in chat, like 0.2, but that always seemed to get cluttered
> quickly when someone was talking on a 2820 :)

I just had another look and it probably isn't necessary for the posit
data to appear in the chat screen as when it is received (either as a
beacon, or as a position request) it populates the data in the Map
screen anyway (which is where it is more useful).

> > BTW, does the Online / Unattended status only get transmitted (by a
> > remote station) when they receive a ping request?
>
> That, or when they actually go online or offline if they have
> the option set to send an online notification.  Before, it
> used to just broadcast that sign-on message as chat.  Now it
> does it as a status offering, with "Online" as the status.
> Similar for sign-off, which should make them turn grey in your list.

Yep, it does, which is fine.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR