[drats_users] How to remember the RatFlector?

Dan Smith
Tue Apr 28 14:10:06 PDT 2009

> Just to clarify, I could then have 2 (or more) separate radios
> connected at the same time.  One could be on Comm port 1 and the
> other on Comm port 6 for example.  The program could be told which
> port would then be the 'sending port' at any given time.  Is this
> correct?  Can we also give each port/configuration a user defined
> name?  Sometimes that makes life easier.

"Yes" to all of the above :)

> Since the configuration of the comm port wouldn't change, I assume
> the program wouldn't need to close and re-open the comm ports?

The baud rate could change for a given configuration, of course.

However:

1. It only closes/reopens them because I'm lazy and haven't made it
   smarter
2. I've mitigated the close/reopen race on win32 for the next beta (at
   a minimum) I think
3. When I redesign the code that connects to a serial port to
   accommodate the multi-port stuff, I'll get a chance to retool it
   and make sure it doesn't close/reopen unless it's *actually*
   needed... :)