[drats_users] cables

Dan Smith
Wed Apr 22 10:44:48 PDT 2009

> Can you do do remote frequency control/adjust to any OTHER ICOM rig,
> such as the IC-706xxx series, with either your CHIRP or D-RATS?

Since CHIRP is aimed at memory channels, it doesn't provide an
interface to control the rig in the way you're describing.  However,
it uses the rig control protocol to set memory channels, so it could
be modified to control something like an IC-91 or IC-92 in that way.
For further discussion of that, we should move to the CHIRP list.

CHIRP Doesn't support the 706 because I don't have one to develop
against, but it could if I did :)

> Hint: I think many hams has these same questions to your fine
> programs, so this HW info (your E-mail answer to me) such be very
> well to put on your Web site.

Yep, you're probably right :)

> A friend of mine had the same questions so I wrote my mail on behalf
> of both.  Thank you very mauch or as we say in 'norwegian':
> "Thousend of Thanks".

You're welcome!