[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b2

Dan Smith
Sun Apr 19 07:23:00 PDT 2009

> However (you know me, there's always a However) what I did notice is
> that you can't store any of the audio files within the D-RATS
> program directory...  The reason being that when a new version of
> D-RATS is installed it deletes the audio files along with what I
> guess is everything else in the program directory.

Yeah, that's true.  I suppose that I could:

 (a) Try to make the installer prompt to delete everything so you can
     avoid that
 (b) Try to make the installer delete specific items (*.dll, etc) to
     preserve any extra files that show up

> D-RATS doesn't appear to complain that the files can no longer be
> found, but instead plays a different sound whenever the event
> occurs.

Really?  If you point it to a non-existent file on windows it will
play some random sound?  I know the windows sound API has symbolic
sound names, but I wouldn't expect to be triggering that...