[drats_users] [D-RATS] #28: Maps don't appear to be loading /displaying correctly.

David Tilson
Tue Apr 14 23:11:55 PDT 2009

Hi Dan,

> Wow.  Yeah, D-RATS just calls the operating system's file
> delete operation, so if you delete something large, it will
> take a while. The OS blocks D-RATS from continuing until it
> is finished.

Yep, I can definitely confirm that D-RATS won't do anything else until
the deletion is complete :)

> I was thinking that perhaps I should add a "maximum tile
> lifetime" setting and re-fetch tiles if they're older than
> that (and we're connected to the internet, of course).

Given that the source maps can be updated by anyone, at any time, I
think that could be quite good.  I did a major map load late last year
and it surprised me how much the maps had changed in that time.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR