[drats_users] won't receive without 'raw text' enabled

Dan Smith
Tue Sep 30 19:39:53 PDT 2008

> There are at least three of us testing...One of us have the 'enable
> raw' OFF and is seeing clear text from me.

Meaning it doesn't have a yellow background, right?  If so, that means
it's making it clearly.

> I for one can only receive with it enabled. (clear text if message
> received is from D-Chat).

This may be because someone else is not making the repeater.

> We are on D STAR Repeater KD8DRG port B, no simplex has been tried.

If you have the opportunity to test simplex at close range, that would
be a good data point.

> FIle transfers have been failing. (Timing?)

Perhaps, although I've not seen any issues with repeaters.  If you can't
get clear chat traffic through, there's no hope for file transfers.

> The two of us testing are both on USB-->serial adapters that appear
> to work as expected.  I'm on a 2820 and the other user is a ID800.

Well, some work for small amounts of data and don't work for large amounts.

> the ID800 user at first could not receive without 'raw text' enabled,
> but he said it now works, finally after repeated attempts at
> disabling.

So the ID800 user can receive clearly, and someone else (or is it the
ID800 user?) can receive clearly.  Is that right?

Do you all have GPS mode *disabled* on your rigs?
Are you all using the proper baud rate?  9600 for the 2820 and 800.

A simplex test would be good to do, if you can arrange it.  Also
remember that D-STAR data is highly susceptible to multipath, much more
so than a D-STAR voice transmission.