[drats_users] won't receive without 'raw text' enabled

Bob Mallory
Tue Sep 30 19:34:38 PDT 2008

This means that D-RATS isn't receiving data clearly.  This could be one of:

1. Interference or multipath
2. An issue with your serial cable or serial port
3. Power save enabled on your handheld radio

What is your test environment?

There are at least three of us testing...One of us have the 'enable raw' OFF and is seeing clear text from me.  I for one can only receive with it enabled. (clear text if message received is from D-Chat).

We are on D STAR Repeater KD8DRG port B, no simplex has been tried.  FIle transfers have been failing. (Timing?)

The two of us testing are both on USB-->serial adapters that appear to work as expected.  I'm on a 2820 and the other user is a ID800.

the ID800 user at first could not receive without 'raw text' enabled, but he said it now works, finally after repeated attempts at disabling.

Mapping is working.

Need more info?
Thanks!
Bob KD8HXT