[drats_users] Asus Eee PC dRats install

Dan Smith
Tue Sep 30 13:04:09 PDT 2008

> Ok...got the new beta download, decompressed it, and moved it to local
> storage (I'm starting to get the hang of things).

Excellent :)

> I then  tried running d-rats again. The result is in the attached file.
> There is some new stuff showing up in the beginning, but it looks like a
> lot of the same stuff from the previous version for me.

Yep, that's a different issue.  This is actually because the version of
GTK (the windowing library) on the EeePC is too old.  Some other people
are hitting this on very old versions of Linux and Mac as well.  I'll
have to fix this to be a soft failure.

So, you'll have to sit tight on that for now and let me spin you another
beta.  I'll try to do that this afternoon.

> Regarding updating the wiki...sure, I would be happy to, but I would
> like to wait until I get it all in place so I can harvest everything I
> did into a reasonable list. I was just thinking that myself this morning
> that I need to capture a log of everything I have done before I get too
> far away from it.

Great, thanks!