[drats_users] Asus Eeee PC dRats install

Jim Harris
Mon Sep 29 05:22:01 PDT 2008

>So, the next steps are:

>1. Run the apt-get commands described on the site and in my previous
>Mail with sudo in front to get them to work.

Ok...so I did that. What I get is:

> sudo apt-get install python-serial
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package python-serial

I tried it with the other two files: python-libxml2 and python-libxslt and
get the same error message for each.

Also, I tried running d-rats as you said. If I run it from the directory I
have d-rats in, I get:

/home/usr/MMC-SD/partition1/dRats/d-rats-0.2.6> ./d-rats
Bash: ./d-rats: Permission denied

If I try it from another directory level up, I get:

/home/usr/MMC-SD/partition1/dRats> ./d-rats
Bash: ./d-rats: No such file or directory

Again, thanks for the patience in dealing with my inexperience here.

Jim
WA3NOA