[drats_users] Slow Speed Data over reflectors

Dennis Rogers
Mon Sep 29 01:35:23 PDT 2008

You can NOT send at the same time as typing. If have been testing this for
months now.
Not until you let up the PTT it will NOT send unless it is a COPY/PASTE with
ATX OFF.
Then, you can not do FILE transfers with ATX OFF.

Also, try going through a reflector not gateway-to-gateway or
radio-to-radio.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2008, at 7:05 PM, Dennis Rogers wrote:
>
> > Noo it does not it means ALL Digital Data modes.
>

> Most people are calling what we're doing with D-RATS the DV Data mode.
>
> The reason is, DV "frames" are used (you can key up the mic and start
> talking at the same time as you're sending a file in D-RATS, try it
> sometime), and inside the DV frames, there's continuous 1200 bps
> data.  They're really voice frames, and there's data always "riding
> along" in them, most of the time unused.
>
> DD is the data framing type used by the high-speed 1.2 GHz data mode.
>
> --
> Nate Duehr
> nate at natetech.com

Regards,

       Dennis, N5VRP
       n5vrp.satx at gmail.com

Dstar User / Gateway Admin / D-PRS Provider
ARRL Member
Cactus-Intertie Member
AMSAT Member, President's Club

73's from SATX, EL09rk