[drats_users] D-Rats v0.2.7b2 Latest Version Testing

Evans F. Mitchell
Thu Sep 25 19:40:12 PDT 2008

The latest BETA release has errors still....
This is the output after 3 tries on 3 separate installs...

Evans Mitchell
KD4EFM

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "d-rats", line 21, in <module>
   File "d_rats\mainapp.pyo", line 44, in <module>
   File "d_rats\chatgui.pyo", line 41, in <module>
   File "d_rats\gps.pyo", line 529, in <module>
   File "d_rats\gps.pyo", line 658, in NMEAGPSPosition
NameError: name '_' is not defined

Quoting Dennis Rogers <n5vrp.satx at gmail.com>:

> *Dan,
>
>         Tony, KG4EXA, Evan, KD4EFM, and myself have been concentrating on
> sending text, files, and especially FORMS through
> gateways, and gateways hooked to a busy reflector such as REF001 C while
> testing on REF001 B versus REF004 which has less
> traffic. Also, we tested while others not the person being sent to keyed up
> and talked verses just key up. This simulates interruptions
> while the transfer is taking place by others.
> *
>    * RESULTS:
>
>          1.  First, interruptions will cause immediate failure of transfer
> every time.
>
>          2.  Busy reflectors are a real problem and cause transfer failures
> most times.
>
>          3.  Quite reflectors seem to speed up the transfers and offer a
> more controllable environment.
>

>      Test Data Results:
>

> Busy Reflector (90% Failed)
>

>                               Best Results      '896' Block Size and
> Pipeline '5'  (defaults always failed)        yields 38.47 B/s
>                            Worse Results**    '1280' Block Size and Pipeline
> '2'  (    "           "          "     )        yields 13.71 B/s*
> *
>

> Quiet Reflector (98% Completed)
>

>                               Best Results**      '896' Block Size and
> Pipeline '10'  (defaults always failed)        yields 39.48 B/s* **
> *                           Worse Results**      '768' Block Size and
> Pipeline '11'  (    "           "          "     )        yields 38.43 B/s*
> *
>
> ** denotes - best overall throughput and repeatability.
>

> Equipment used :
>
>            TX User #1 (KD4EFM-Evan)                 IC-2820
>
>            TX User #2 (KG4EXA-Tony)                 not sure
>
>            RX User (N5VRP-Dennis)                    IC-2200H
>
> We used REF001 B with traffic occurring 100% on REF001C, then we used REF004
> with absolutely no traffic.
>

> *Tony, Evan add to this if you have other inputs as this is what I have
> written down from the RX point of view.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dennis, N5VRP
> n5vrp.satx at gmail.com
>
> Dstar User / Gateway Admin / D-PRS Provider
> ARRL Member
> Cactus-Intertie Member
> AMSAT Member, President's Club
>
> 73's from SATX, EL09rk

Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA2TH / WQFK-894
POLK COUNTY ARES, Polk County, Fla.
KJ4ACN ADMIN / SYSOP

West Central Florida D-Star Club; KJ4ACN
Full Service D-Star Stack