[drats_users] E-Mail SMPTE Connection

Dan Smith
Wed Sep 24 06:40:05 PDT 2008

> So, unless you were to rely on a network infrastructure translation
> service I don't see this function being able to happen anytime soon.

D-RATS provides a generic reliable transport mechanism on top of the
radio.  It can forward network ports over the radio, handling the
retransmits under the covers.  If an application like WinLink can
connect to a TCP port to send its mail, then it can use D-RATS to make
D-STAR a transport link.

I really have no interest in WinLink as I can't run it on my platform,
so you guys will have to figure out how to make it do it, but the
functionality is there in D-RATS.  If there's something else you need to
make it happen, we can talk.