[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b1 with email gateway

Dan Smith
Tue Sep 23 16:54:17 PDT 2008

Hi All,

In the quickest beta release in history, I've added some preliminary
email gateway support to play with.  It's nowhere near complete, but it
should be enough to work with for testing.

As always, you can get it here:

  http://d-rats.danplanet.com/download/beta/

I've added an 'email' form, so either use the installer, the form
installer batch script, or install forms/email.xml into your
Form_Templates directory.

On one machine, configure an "SMTP Server" in the main settings.  Then,
if you send a form of type "email" to that machine, it will get sent out
as an email.  The email form has a "To" field which takes an email
address.  In the "From" field, just put your callsign.  I'll do
something intelligent here later.

I'd appreciate some testing and feedback on this.  The comments Dave
just made are quite appropriate and sufficient restrictions will be
required to make sure you don't turn your amateur station into a spam
gateway :)