[drats_users] E-Mail SMPTE Connection

David Tilson
Tue Sep 23 15:58:14 PDT 2008

> I could do the same thing on incoming mails, converting them back to
an "email" form. How does that sound?

A couple of thoughts.

It might be nice if the application indicated if there was an attachment
with the inbound email and prompted the user as to whether or not they
want it to be transferred.  It would be good if it indicated the file
size as it could tie up the system for some time if it was a large
attachment.

The other concern with inbound email is potential for non amateur
related traffic to traverse the amateur network on a daily basis (not
during a declared emergency).  I'm not sure how the US rules are with
this, but I could forsee problems over here.  Likewise thought should
probably be given to minimise how spam could be managed / mitigated.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR