[drats_users] drats_users Digest, Vol 1, Issue 11

John D. Hays
Tue Sep 9 13:26:48 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Eric M. Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO <
eric at 4gildersleeve.us> wrote:

> Curiously, why aren't people using the Message Blocks for their name or
> location? I have two programmend into all the radios I program for people 1)
> First Last 2) First ARES/RACES...

I have several messages in those locations, including my email address,
website/blog, and others... but the name in the comment field is just a
quick and easy reminder anyone I'm having QSO with.

Back to the topic -- Maybe Dan could modify so that you could have something
like K7VE/John[FEMA] where "FEMA" is a user selected tactical indicator ...
The K7VE/John (er K7VE^^^^/John) would be the radio ID and the "FEMA" would
be the tactical callsign, if present.

--
John D. Hays - K7VE
Phone: 206-801-0820