[drats_users] D-Rats v0.2.5 Latest Version Testing

Dennis Rogers
Sat Sep 6 18:45:34 PDT 2008

*Ok on all that i'll keep testing and am trying right now the pipelining off
on a 70kB image
that has been resized to 1024x768 just for a real test. Oh, I have power
save off and all that.
We all saw this yellow background on v0.2.0-0.2.4 during the hurricane. Keep
up the good
work. Since I do not know the specs on Dstar data transfers and all its hard
to decide what you
are testing for, but you do have nice code and readable, too.

Dennis
ASM/C/C++/Java programmer-retired. I'm burned out.
*
On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > I am using 9600 baud on the IC-2200H, and 38.4 kbaud on IC-91AD. I
> > guess you mean radio-to-radio transfer baud rate.
>
> Correct.
>
> > I will try turning off pipelining and let you know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > *In other words files greater than 8k were never finishing. They
> > would keep retrying over and over again. The only way to get out and
> > try again (no abort key) was to turn off radios and exit the program
> > (D-Rats) on both sides.*
>
> Ah, okay, that does sound like a bug.  A debug log from both the sender
> and receiver would be helpful.  I'll try to see if I can reproduce that
> locally too.
>
> > *In module CHATGUI.py where you check for file size.*
>
> That's actually just a limit for doing a text chat dump.  I
> added that to avoid having people send huge text files which splatter
> everyone's chat screen.  It's *not* in effect during a file, form, or
> image transfer.  I think you're seeing an actual bug.
>
> > Something changed this as I had NO yellow background text.
>
> ...because you were getting whole blocks this time.  If you changed your
> power save setting on a handheld or something, that could have been the
> difference.  I promise I haven't changed anything about that in recent
> releases :)
>
> > By the way, I was using USB serial converters on both radios. It did
> > not seem to matter.
>
> Yep, I don't have trouble with USB adapters either.
>
> > I also tried it with conventional COM ports no difference. Before, it
> >  would not transfer anything at all just hang in a never endless
> > retry loop you could not break.
>
> Well, if you're hitting a bug, it's kinda hard to say that it will
> behave the way it's supposed to :)
>
> > Can you take a look at adding a ABORT transfer control? It may be
> > needed on a gateway.
>
> There is, it just doesn't work :)  It's been something I've been
> avoiding, but I know it's something I need to fix.
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/
> www.danplanet.com
> KK7DS

Regards,

Dennis, N5VRP
n5vrp.satx at gmail.com

Dstar User / Gateway Admin / D-PRS Provider
ARRL Member
Cactus-Intertie Member
AMSAT Member, President's Club

73's from SATX, EL09rk