[drats_users] Gateway Testing

Dennis Rogers
Sat Sep 6 18:14:21 PDT 2008

*I'll be there, Dan and help which way I can.
Can you take a look at adding a ABORT transfer control?
It may be needed on a gateway.

Dennis
Oh do I know what you mean getting up a gateway and high-speed data link.
*
On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I spent the last 24 hours or so working on getting a gateway up.  I'm
> pretty sure I have less hair than I used to, but it's up and working
> now.  Dave Cooley WA4DOC was kind enough to field a first-ever gateway
> call from me.
>
> While we were on, we did a little D-RATS testing over the gateway.  We
> were able to send chat messages, GPS beacons, pings, images, and forms.
>  Aside from one corrupted block, everything seemed to work just fine.  I
> believe he was using direct callsign routing, and I was using /KJ4ACN to
> his repeater.
>
> There didn't *appear* to be much of a difference in the response time,
> as far as D-RATS being too quick to send something back on the heels of
> the repeater tail.  I assume this is quite different with a reflector
> though.
>
> So, I propose that we schedule some time on a reflector to do some more
> testing.  I will see about adding a delay knob or two to let us tweak
> the behavior before that time.  My first available significant block of
> time would be this coming Friday at about 23:00 UTC.  I know nothing
> about how the reflectors work, so I'll need some instruction ahead of
> time :)
>
> Any takers?
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/
> www.danplanet.com
> KK7DS

Regards,

Dennis, N5VRP
n5vrp.satx at gmail.com

Dstar User / Gateway Admin / D-PRS Provider
ARRL Member
Cactus-Intertie Member
AMSAT Member, President's Club

73's from SATX, EL09rk