[drats_users] D-Rats Project

Dan Smith
Fri Sep 5 15:12:30 PDT 2008

> Also Dan, if there's anything the "world at large" can do to help you
> get a Gateway... I'd be willing to cheerlead a bit on the main
> mailing lists for that.  Anyone willing to work as hard as you do on
> D-STAR software shouldn't have to worry about not having a Gateway to
> test with!  (See, I'm already cheerleading!)  I know you already have
> a repeater -- but not knowing the circumstances of how long you can
> use it, etc... I don't want to offer to go beating the bushes for
> support for you for a Gateway, if you can't really use it.  What'cha
> think?

I do have a loaner repeater for the moment.  I also have the gateway
software.  I just haven't had the time to get it going.  I'm really
unhappy with how little time I've been able to dedicate to getting the
repeater going with a gateway while I have it to play with.  Some things
outside of my control made this summer considerably busier than I had
anticipated.

We're also supposed to be getting (the rest of) our local repeater stack
here in the next couple of weeks, which should help realign my
priorities a bit.

So, I don't think there's much you can do to make it better.  I have the
hardware, I just need the time.  I'm going to try to get to some of it
this weekend.  We'll see how it goes.