[drats_users] DPRS <-> APRS

IZ5FSA
Thu Oct 23 08:53:15 PDT 2008

Dan Smith ha scritto:
> Hi Leo,
> I think this is already working.  Check out Dave's HOWTO here:
>
>   http://d-rats.danplanet.com/wiki/DPRS-Interface
>
> Is there something else you're looking for, beyond what that document
> describes?
>
> Thanks!

I talk about a feature not supported by DPRSInterface: bridging spots from
aprs-is network to D-RATS.

I think about an IGATE feature.

D-RATS interface directly aprs-is server and "spot" on map and if IGATE
capabilities has been setted to ON it "spot" that station "on-air" if the
station is in a certain range (variable in options) near by your station.

EG:
IZ5FSA is connected with IC2820 and D-RATS and receive on D-RATS APRS spots from
aprs-is network via internet. I receive IW5DPF-9 via internet and he is in a 3
km range far from me. I want to spot IW5DPF position via IC2820 to tell he is in
APRS in zone!

I haven't found this feature on DPRSInterface.