[drats_users] D-RATS-0.2.7b11 (aka RC)

Dan Smith
Wed Oct 15 06:38:57 PDT 2008

> I executed some email tests using smtp.gmail.com port 587.  I
> successfully sent messages to my hotmail and winklink accounts from
> my internet connected computer (with D-Rats, using no radio). All
> messages arrived as expected.

Great!

> I also sent a message directly to my winlink account from Packet
> radio, which in turn is automatically forwarded to my gmail account.
> Then, the POP3 function on D-Rats automatically grabbed the email
> from gmail, completing the loop.  This configuration allows me to
> send and receive Winlink messages via D-Star & D-rats OR via Packet
> Radio & Airmail. Very nice...

Also great!  What we really need is for someone who is WinLink-savvy to
create a wiki page for "How to get D-RATS to work with WinLink".  Would
you be interested?

> Now the question is, how do I configure my machine so I can be a
> D-rats gateway for other stations? For example, someone sends me an
> email and wants my system to automatically forward it to the
> internet.

Sounds like you're already there :)

I still need to put access controls on the thing to restrict who can
send, but what you have should do it.  Check out Dave's excellent
InternetEmail page on the D-RATS wiki:

   http://d-rats.danplanet.com/wiki/InternetEmail