[drats_users] D-RATS-0.2.7b11 (aka RC)

David Tilson
Tue Oct 14 18:00:24 PDT 2008

Hey Helicopter Boy,

> I fixed the issue with the local email function grabbing the GUI while
waiting for the SMTP server.

Yep, confirmed. Thanks for that.

> Dave, you might try this one again with gmail's smtp server.

You 'da Man!!!

Hopefully you received 2 emails.

The first one was set via your server (by mistake) which appears to have
been sent and hopefully you received.

The second was via smtp.gmail.com port 587 which also appears to have
been sent.

I tried sending to smtp.gmail.com port 465 and their server didn't
respond properly, which was a bit odd as they advertise to use either
ports 465 or 587.  Interesting though was that there were no timeout
messages, etc.  It just appears that the message sent via port 465 has
been swallowed up by a black hole.

I just received your response to the "take 2" message via pop.gmail.com
through D-RATS :)

Well done and thanks for being so persistent with it!!!!

Still seeing the 2 x "/A", "\A", "/B" and "\B" entries in the DPRS calc,
but I can live with that (for the moment) :)

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR