[drats_users] d-rats data transmission problem

Dan Smith
Mon Oct 13 20:11:45 PDT 2008

> Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think signal strength is my problem,
> because even on high power I was having the issues when others much farther
> away from the machine were doing fine.

Well, increasing power usually makes multipath problems worse for me,
not better.

> The adapter I'm using is generic from usbgear (coolgear.com) and the driver
> is listed as being provided by FTDI ltd.

Okay, good, that seems to be one of the safe ones.

> That's good to know about the echo tool. I never thought of the delay/repeat
> time. I'll test with another station to be sure, and I'll update the list on
> my progress.

That would be good.  Testing with another station on a quiet repeater
(or simplex frequency, if you can) would give a better baseline than the
echo module.