[drats_users] Trying to get d-rats running on my linux box...

Dan Smith
Sat Oct 11 15:28:44 PDT 2008

> Just a "security" thing.  Users don't have permission to use the
> serial ports in RH systems by default, but the "dialout" group does,
> and adding a user to the group gives them permission.

I understand the reasoning behind it :)

What I meant was that the user you add as the login/desktop user should
be in all of those sorts of groups by default (in a lot of cases).
Ubuntu does that, so I forget to remind people of that sometimes.

However, the real problem is that I don't bubble the error message up to
the GUI, which is a real problem.  I gotta fix that.