[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b8 AutoQST

Dan Smith
Thu Oct 9 16:01:57 PDT 2008

> I agree, however if you don't press Save, but Close the window, then it
> adds and saves a Text / My Message beacon regardless.  This beacon then
> has to be manually deleted from the list.

Well, yeah, I know.  It's part of the constant-state-ness.  Perhaps it
takes a certain type of genius (or stupidity) to appreciate it :)

> Don't worry too much, I'm not overly stressed by it.  My main concern
> would be for users that want to see what sort of beacon types are
> available.  Currently they can't do that without pressing Add and then
> the system saves/activates a beacon whether they really want it or not.

Either way, I may have been a little to dramatic and whiny.  I think I
have it adjusted to make more sense.  I just posted b9 with a proposed
fix, so let me know if you think that's better (even /I/ think it is).

Also in b9 is an SMTP port adjustment.  With the port set to 587 and TLS
enabled, it seems to work through smtp.gmail.com for me.  I don't have
an account, so it stops me there, but I think it would have if I was
properly authorized :)