[drats_users] D-RATS RSS Feeds

David Tilson
Sat Oct 4 22:14:26 PDT 2008

G'day Dan,

I've been playing around with the Auto QST RSS feeds today.

I can pull down some of the 1 line feeds from NOAA, such as
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/nhc_at1.xml and it displays fine across D-RATS.

However if I try to pull down some other feeds that are a bit more
complex then I get some mixed results.

Example:  http://rss.weather.com.au/vic/Ballarat only displays
information below the "Ballarat Forecast" heading, half way down the
page, and inserts a number of new lines where an image would normally be
embedded.

Example:
http://webservice.weatherzone.com.au/rss/wx.php?u=10048&lt=state&lc=vic&
warn=1 only displays the words "State weather radar" and "satellite
cloud map" under the heading "More state weather", where some html links
would be, and does not display the weather warnings at all.

Is D-RATS meant to pass the entire RSS feed (which I would hope)? I
might be wrong, but I thought that it would basically treat the content
in a similar fashion to Broadcast Text File.

BTW, up until recently it was possible to edit the contents of an Auto
QST message by clicking on it and making the change.  It appears in b5
(and this probably occurred a few versions ago) that you can no longer
edit a QST message and that you have to manually add a new one, then
delete the old one, which is a bit of a pain :)

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR