[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b5 (and MacOS this time)

Dan Smith
Fri Oct 3 22:09:43 PDT 2008

> Success from here with both plain and html email... Well done...

Great!

> A couple of ideas, that I've just added to the Feature Requests page...
>
> Currently when an email is grabbed from a POP server there is no
> indication that there is email waiting to be processed unless you look
> at the Form Manager.  Some type of popup, or indicator, would be useful.

Yeah, definitely.

> In an emcom type environment it would be useful if email could be
> collected for multiple accounts, or from various POP servers.  From a
> email management perspective it would be good if D-RATS could
> distinguish what email is destined for particular stations, eg: anything
> from this POP account should be identified as needing to be sent to this
> D-RATS station.

The majority of the underlying code already supports multiple accounts.
 I just didn't go to the trouble of making enough GUI for that.  I'd
like to make an effort to redesign the settings dialog box pretty soon,
which would make adding multiple accounts easier.  That dialog has
gotten unbelievably out of hand, under the covers.

> There's all sorts of other things that could be done depending on how
> automated, or operator controlled, you want to make the process.

Yep, I definitely want a way to be able to automatically send incoming
forms to the appropriate station, if that station is on an access list.