[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b4

Dennis Rogers
Thu Oct 2 16:57:49 PDT 2008

Dan,

     Great job on the application and I believe it coming right along.

1. Is there a way to add messages updating during the SEND process of

 - There seems to be a long time before the transfer starts. Could let us
know what is
     transpiring during this time with message(s).
 - How many frames to be sent.
 - How many frames have been sent (completed).
 - How many frame retires during the session have been sent.
 - Session completed/failed.

2. Also, need a way to exit a failure without locking up the application as
in
    case of a failure occurring.

Dennis, N5VRP

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just posted 0.2.7b4 with the following changes:
>
> - Fix up hang when email polling is enabled
> - Add SSL support for POP3 and poll interval configuration
> - Add master switch for disabling QSTs in the file menu
> - Add new QST configuration box (which isn't complete yet)
> - Add RSS and CAP-type QST feeds
> - Support sending of a URL-sourced file for broadcast and QST content
> - Fix outbound From header on form-to-email gateway
> - Add "send" button to Form window to speed up sending
> - Fix (hopefully) form printable view on MacOS
>
> The RSS and CAP-fed QSTs are somewhat interesting, and deserve some
> delicate testing before going on-air on a repeater.  They allow you to
> specify an RSS or CAP feed (see http://www.weather.gov/alerts).  Every
> time the QST fires, the feed is checked for new items.  If there are new
> items, they are converted to text and sent out as the content of the QST.
>
> This should facilitate some automated weather/amber/news alerting, but
> must be handled with care, as you're placing your trust in what they
> decide to put into the feed item.
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/
> www.danplanet.com
> KK7DS

Regards,

       Dennis, N5VRP
       n5vrp.satx at gmail.com

Dstar User / Gateway Admin / D-PRS Provider
ARRL Member
Cactus-Intertie Member
AMSAT Member, President's Club

73's from SATX, EL09rk