[drats_users] Wiki updated with Asus Eee PC install instructions

Dan Smith
Wed Oct 1 14:20:48 PDT 2008

> I have just finished updating the installation Wiki page with the
> steps for the Asus Eee PC.

Great, thanks!

> I apologize to those that get emails of changes to the Wiki...I am
> somewhat of a novice with Wiki page editing, and it took me a few
> tries to get everything cleaned up pretty well, so the system
> generated a few emails in the process.

Not a problem at all.  In the future, you can check the "trivial update"
button when making small tweaks, which avoids sending mail to most
people.  Use of the "preview" function can help as well.

> I tried to remove the hyperlinks for some of the lines that had to be
> added to the sources.list file, but they keep showing up as
> hyperlinks. Perhaps someone can edit that properly for me.

I just fixed it.

> I believe I faithfully captured everything I had to do to get the
> install working. Dan, if you can give it a quick look-over, please
> check me on this.

Yeah, it looks very complete, thanks for doing that.

> Again, if you want to change the way it looks, or trim it down,
> that's fine. I tried to capture it in as small a space as possible.

I think it looks great.  If we come up with other similar bits, we might
move it over to another page like "How to get D-RATS running on strange
machines" or something.

Also, I'd like to avoid linking to the betas, just to prevent that
location from getting indexed too far into google and such.  I'll leave
the link there for now, and then try to remember to change it to an
official build when I release 0.2.7.

Again, thanks a lot Jim!  User-initiated documentation is almost always
more useful to the other users than anything I write :)