[drats_users] New User D-RATS 0.2.7

Dan Smith
Mon Nov 10 15:51:53 PST 2008

> So please accept my apologies if my remarks came across in an
> unintendedly harsh if concise manner.

No offense taken :)

> a. it is more than expected that file and image transfer would be
> problematic between my QTH and the QRL, sometimes it is difficult to
> hit the local 73cm FM repeater from the HT. DV comes through
> flawlessly to the IC-E91.

Yeah, but as you know, DV has double the bandwidth and an ECC stream
which makes it highly tolerant of things that plague the data stream.

> b. the mapping feature is far from useless, in fact I consider it
> very important, me being a fervent APRS user esp for ARES purposes.
> The feature causes the programme to become unstable though, making
> overall use flaky, thus I avoid initiating it.

Well, there are some things that the map window lets you do that can get
it into a bind.  Believe me, I'm aware of these and would like to
correct them when I have the chance.  My best advice is to be "gentile"
with it until then.  A fair number of people seem to be using it without
too much trouble.