[drats_users] New User D-RATS 0.2.7

George Karayannis
Sat Nov 8 12:07:34 PST 2008

Dear Dan,

to begin with, let me state my appreciation as to the effort that you must
have put into the making of D-Rats.

Being the first (along with my XYL) D-RATS and for that matter D-STAR user
in my area, I have been feeling alone in this, and being able to connect
with other D-STAR users is indeed a pleasure.

So please accept my apologies if my remarks came across in an unintendedly
harsh if concise manner.

OK back to remarks now

a. it is more than expected that file and image transfer would be
problematic between my QTH and the QRL, sometimes it is difficult to hit the
local 73cm FM repeater from the HT. DV comes through flawlessly to the
IC-E91.

b. the mapping feature is far from useless, in fact I consider it very
important, me being a fervent APRS user esp for ARES purposes. The feature
causes the programme to become unstable though, making overall use flaky,
thus I avoid initiating it.

Will be sending you the debug log presently and I will be coming back with
suggestions.

D-RATS is running continuously on my VAIO 24-7 since 05-11-2008 (or
11-05-2008 if you please) on auto QST (partly for my comm. Needs and partly
as bait for other hams in my area hihi)

Regards and 73s de SV4LAX George (and SW4NLB Vasso)