[drats_users] 0.2.8b

Dan Smith
Mon Nov 10 15:45:41 PST 2008

> a) File transfera arrived at end only if very small.

I think you're hitting a known bug.  This is really bad, but if you miss
a block in the last "round" of pipelined blocks, D-RATS won't retry,
will claim success, and will fail to uncompress the file at the
receiving end.  You actually pointed this out to me a while ago, but I
have yet to fix it.  It's going to require some thinking and retooling
of a key bit of logic, and I just haven't had the time to sit down and
work on it lately.  My apologies for that.

> b) TCP features (used succesfully for telnet connections) don't work.
>  Client side call server side who open a session but client telnet
> session closed for "connection refused from remote host".

Is this perhaps after the introduction of the new configuration box?  I
haven't actually tested the TCP settings since I did that (you're the
only person I know that uses it :P )

> One features request for Dan: can you develope a "resume" function in
>  file transfer? I know this is more complicated... but it will be
> more useful during phone and data traffic.

That would be helpful, but it will change (again) the file transfer
semantics.  It will also, as you point out, be non-trivial.  Please make
sure this gets on the FeatureRequest page so I don't lose it.

> It looks work well but, with UI-View32 (latest version) sometimes
> beacon are gated to radio, but not every time, and usually are not
> handled by other D-RATS station listening (Invalid GPS data). Any
> triks about how to setup APRS beacon to be correctly handled by
> DPRSInterface to be correctly translated to DPRS format?

Please send me a clean log file when these fail to parse and I will try
to figure out why.  When I say clean, I mean start D-RATS fresh,
reproduce the problem immediately, and capture the debug log before
doing anything else.  This helps me narrow down the bit of debug
information that is related.