[drats_users] Case Sensitivity

Dan Smith
Mon Nov 10 12:59:17 PST 2008

> When attempting functions that require a response from the distant end
> (i.e. Ping, File Transfers, and Form Transfers) it is manadatory that
> you address the station in the same case as is in the distant users
> settings. (this may have been the case all along but I had not noticed
> it until now) If the distant station is set as w1aw you must enter the
> station identifier exactly as same (w1aw). An entry as W1AW will not
> work.  This comes to no suprise to all of you Unix/Linux users I am sure...

Yes, this has always been the case.  The box where you choose the
destination station should be converting to all uppercase after you hit
OK, but I'm not sure the new configuration box is doing that, which
means you could get yourself into a bit of a jam.

I'll add that to my list to get fixed as well.