[drats_users] File Transfer Issue wuth Asus Eee PC since Release 2.7

Jim Harris
Mon Nov 10 06:39:44 PST 2008

Hi Dan.

An issue came up on my Eee PC Linux running since the 2.7 release. I held
off on bringing it up, thinking it might be solved later on. I just tried it
with the 0.2.8b4 version, and it still is an issue.

I am doing most of my testing on this using a null modem connection between
two PCs...one is  Windows running XP Professional, and the other is my Eee
PC (Linux). I am using two different calls (WA3NOA and WA3NOA-1) to make
sure this is not causing any problems. Everything seems to work quite well
between the two, except for file transfers (including forms). I can send
from the Eee PC with no problems. Whenever I send a file to the Eee PC,
though, it crashes the program, which then reverts back to the Python
monitor screen. The Windows PC always sees the transfer as successful when
this happens. I have attached the log file for you to see what is happening.

By the way...love the new configuration screens...much neater and well
organized. One question, though...I can't seem to find where to set the
reply message to a ping.

Thanks,

Jim
WA3NOA