[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b2

Dan Smith
Wed Nov 5 16:09:05 PST 2008

> I just tried the installer version "d-rats-0.2.8b2-installer.exe" with the
> file date/time of 05-Nov-2008 15:21. Now I don't get the error but the
> program never comes up. I don't see anything "d-rats" related running the
> task manager either. It's like I click on it and nothing happens at all.
> When I reinstall 0.2.6, everything works just fine. Could it maybe be a
> missing file between 0.2.6 and 0.2.7 because I had the same problem trying
> to run 0.2.7 as well. Or maybe some registry setting?

Okay, sounds like you had an issue to start with, and 0.2.8b2 added another.

First, lets see if it's getting far enough to start up a debug log.  Go
to Start->Run and type "%APPDATA%\D-RATS" and hit OK.  Within, you
should see a debug.log file.  Please try to run the latest 0.2.8b2 and
then grab a copy of the debug.log file and send it to me.

Also, and especially if the debug.log isn't there, please send me the
d-rats.config file that should be in there as well.