[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b2

Joel Barrett
Wed Nov 5 15:56:12 PST 2008

I just tried the installer version "d-rats-0.2.8b2-installer.exe" with the
file date/time of 05-Nov-2008 15:21. Now I don't get the error but the
program never comes up. I don't see anything "d-rats" related running the
task manager either. It's like I click on it and nothing happens at all.
When I reinstall 0.2.6, everything works just fine. Could it maybe be a
missing file between 0.2.6 and 0.2.7 because I had the same problem trying
to run 0.2.7 as well. Or maybe some registry setting?

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:47 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b2

Hi Joel,

> Every time I install a version other than 0.2.6, the program does not
> run for me. With the 0.2.8b2 installer (for Win32), I got a message that
> errors occurred and to look at the log file attached. Can you tell me
> why this is no longer working on my system and what I need to do to
> correct it, other than go back to 0.2.6?

The error in the log you sent is related to the config change I
mentioned that had the potential to break things pretty badly.  I've
corrected it and re-posted b2 with the fix.

I'm not sure what other versions you've had issues with, but give the
reposted version a try and let me know if you run into something else.