[drats_users] TCP socket test

IZ5FSA
Mon Dec 22 06:51:37 PST 2008

I've setted up 2 stations to test TCP socket feature:

-----ALPHA-----		------BETA-----
IZ5FSA			IZ5FSA-9
Windows XP		Ubuntu 8.04
ICE2820			ICE92D
d-rats-0.2.9b12		d-rats-0.2.9b12

Each other was using local port 9000 to go on remote port 9000 to gateway to
iz5fsa.homedns.org (DxCluster). Everyone has both server side and cliet side
setted up poperly (station callsign was correctly IZ5FSA <-> IZ5FSA-L reciprocally).

 From Win to Linux no connection was possible with Putty. With RXCluster (the
very latest version) I was able to connect and see spots but not to send
commands... it hung up!!

 From Linux to Win no connection have been made with Putty (linux version). With
Xdx I was able to see only three spots... no more.

Every time the server side "D-RATS machine" send packet continuously. I need to
abort the session to try again.

I've attached two files, one for each side (win and linux).

I've tried newest features available (RPC) and I've seen working properly the
"get form", but the "get file"... I don't understand one thing: "where" is the
directory located?

Latest one... "request position" work only with d-rats stations... not with
d-rats objects created by stations... I've setted up an auto-qst DPS message to
send my Radio Club position (IQ5BL) and if I ask to IQ5BL a "request position",
with my IZ5FSA-9 station, the station IZ5FSA who own the object don't answer.

I think it will be enough for today.

I wish you all, *D-STARred Hams*, and your families *Merry XMas and Happy New
Year 2009*

     ||::|:||   .--------,
     |:||:|:|   |_______ /        .-.
     ||::|:|| ."`  ___  `".    {\('v')/}
     \\\/\///:  .'`   `'.  ;____`(   )'____
      \====/ './  o   o  \|~     ^" "^   //
       \\//   |   ())) .  |   Greetings   \
        ||     \ `.__.'  /|       de     //
        ||   _{``-.___.-'\|  Leo, IZ5FSA  \
        || _." `-.____.-'`|    ___       //
        ||`        __ \   |___/   \_______\
[use text only wiew or courier char-set]